We at Yara are part of a global network, collaborating to profitably and responsibly solve some of the world's key challenges - resource scarcity, food insecurity and environmental change.
About the Unit
Yara aims to be the crop nutrition company of the future, leading the development of sustainable agriculture and digital tools to help solve global agricultural challenges. We have a worldwide presence in over 65 countries with around 17,000 employees. Drawing on more than a century of experience in crop nutrition, Yara established the Digital Farming division to explore how technology can be used to improve farmers' lives and productivity. At Yara Farming Solutions Europe, we aim to leverage Yara's digital product and commercial portfolio with data and insights on soil health, regenerative farming practices and information around the farmer and fields. Join us in the digital transformation of the agriculture industry to achieve Yara's goal of responsibly feeding the world and protecting the planet.
In Region Europe (YFSE) we are building a team of engineers, data scientists, researchers and designers to achieve Yara’s goal to responsibly feed the world and protect the planet. Join us in building new digital products and services to create value for stakeholders across the agricultural ecosystem in Europe.
The Technical Product Manager for YFSE will drive a product development team through the solution development journey end-to-end, from clearly defining customers challenges and prioritise them, to deploy solutions and monitor their performance over time. At Yara, customer needs vary among markets and crops, so having curiosity and excitement for a highly complex challenges is a must for this role! In addition, as a professional with technical proficiency, the TPM will be responsible to understand, align the strategy and incorporate the solution for some technical challenges such as user authentication, data integrations and API building/consumption.
Some of the responsibilities:
- Manage, track and report product performance throughout its lifecycle including product strategy, product planning and execution.
- Drive digital product development and improvements. Continuously review the status of the product portfolio, proactively working to unblock the multifunctional team and providing relevant support on product decisions. Therefore, problem identification, root cause analysis and partner communication are key activities for the PM.
- Maintain awareness and understanding of customer and market needs, working closely with User Research and Incubation teams.
- Identify and contribute to solve technical challenges such as user authentication and data integration, and to find opportunities to boost efficiencies and scalabilities on the platform side.
- Work with Incubation to develop business cases to support new product recommendations.
- Become primary liaison between Incubation, central tech team, and the regional team to develop product enhancements and new features within your product domain.
- Provide relevant product information and expertise to support incubation & customer support effort.
- Understand and represent internal customers/stakeholders when it comes to build technical internal solutions, such as APIs, data models and data integrations, that could be scaled and reused across the organization.
- Robust experience working with digital products as Product Manager or a similar function. Managed product roadmap, working closely with multiple functions as Engineering, Design, UX and Product.
- Product experience on technical domains, such as Platforms building, data integrations and data modelling, is desired.
- Handled technically complex products using Agile/Scrum process and principles.
- Customer focus: curiosity and passion to discover and fulfil the needs of customers
- Effective communication, problem-solving and interpersonal skills. Humble, collaborative, team player, willing to step up and support colleagues.
- Ability to work with highly ambiguous problems, sometimes with incomplete information, and create solid action plans.
- Ability to build strong relationships with different stakeholders
- Interest in sustainability, agriculture and mobile technologies impact space.
- To directly impact on products that provide real value to farmers and industries based on an honest business model
- To work on sustainable solutions that benefit humankind and the environment
- Very competitive remuneration and an unlimited work contract
- A flexible yet stable environment in the newly founded digital unit of a global company
- Flexible working hours, working from home/remote option!
- Support for personal development, training, conferences, and continuous learning
- Commitment to using new approaches, technologies, and frameworks
- To choose your own preferred MacOS hardware
Talent Acquisition Manager
Knowledge grows through differences
Yara is committed to creating a diverse and inclusive environment and is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. We believe that creating a diverse and inclusive work environment is not only the right thing, but also the smart thing to do. To deliver on this, Yara has firmly anchored Diversity, Equity & Inclusion (DE&I) in our business strategy and has more than 400 employees worldwide involved in D&I ambassadors networks.